Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Review: Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1


Hi i'm back :D i've got plenty of time recently so i decided to continue my review draft. Today i'm reviewing Clinique Clarifying Lotion Type 1, it's for very dry to dry skin.


The saleswoman suggested me this because i have dry combination skin, judging from the dry flakes on my cheeks, but oily nose (actually i want the famous mild clarifying lotion but she said it's better for me and i fell into her trap --"). At first i was planning to get the complete 3-step system but i still have my TBS facial wash so i only bought this and their dramatically different moisturizer (i will do a separate review for that).
Oh yeah back to the review, so these are the ingredients:

Virginia (Witch Hazel), Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trehalose, Disodium Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

But this whole ingredients just screamed ALCOHOL to me. Um yes so apparently we can call this alcohol water because it smells like alcohol, it says 'flammable' on the bottle, it evaporates (evaporates! i once forgot to close the lid for few hours and when i came back there's only half a bottle left!), and it stings. it doesn't sting when i apply it normally on my skin (well my skin is pretty tough lol) but it stings when i got sunburn, mosquito bites, etc etc. The weird thing is it works good when my skin feels oily, making my skin feels squeaky clean etc etc., but it stings when my skin is dry (so what's the point of this 'dry to very dry skin' thingy? isn't it supposed to soothe my dry skin?)
Because of this annoying liquid i often skip the routine and go straight to applying the moisturizer after washing my face. it took pretty much time to finish this bottle. now i have just a bit left in the bottle:


Conclusion:
Pro:
-it freshens my face when my face is oily

Cons:
-alcohol
-alcohol
-alcohol
-alcohol
-alcohol
-alcohol
-alcohol
-alcohol
-and much much more alcohol.
-it smells
-it stings
-it evaporates

i'm sorry to say this, but it doesn't worth the money.


No comments:

Post a Comment