Saturday, December 8, 2012

Review: The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream

Oh hai again :D good news as usual, this is a review :D
i was hoping to do a review about various brands of products but i'm just too addicted to The Body Shop OTL

So today i'm gonna talk about a night cream from Aloe vera line from The Body Shop. I decided to buy it because it's for sensitive skin so it must be safe for other skin types too.



What they say: This rich, dermatologically tested night cream hydrates skin that needs more gentle care.
      •     Moisturises
      •     Fragrance, colour and alcohol-free
      •     No added preservatives
Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Elaeis guineensis, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Myristyl Myristate, Octyldodecanol, Sesamum indicum, Squalene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii, Aqua, Panthenol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Bisabolol, Avena sativa

This cream comes in a tub with a lid on top of the product. I usually just dip my finger in it after washing my face at night haha. It's a cream with slightly thick consistency, almost like a butter. It's also fragrance free. It's good but it feels like i can smell my own scent all over my face after applying it :p it's just funny XD



on my hand

Its absorbs quite quickly and doesn't make my face oily if applied at proper amount. I sometimes put too much amount of it and my face looks slippery but it's just a matter of looks. It gives a slight cooling or calming feel on my face. I let it sit all night and the morning after it looks good. My face looks better than when i don't have it applied. It shines more and my face feels smoother and softer. It doesn't really brighten my face tho. It just shines. And it doesn't break me out, which is the number one problem of oily skin (y)

bonus my face after slapping the cream on it
It's good but i think it's too weak (?) for my thick and harsh skin haha XD i haven't notice any significant improvement after i use it every night. It improves my skin if i use it but my skin goes back to its tired self if i don't use it.

Conclusion:
Pros:
-kinda calm my raging face
-hydrates my face
-no fragrance. good for sensitive skin
-absorbs quite well
-doesn't break me out
-makes my skin better
-no parabens

Cons:
-comes in a tub
-too weak (haha XD)

I like this but i'm looking for stronger night cream :D I might finish this first tho before looking for other cream. any suggestion?

No comments:

Post a Comment