Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review: Missha The Style Under Eye Brightener

Good morning everyone! :)
Today i'm going to review a concealer from Missha called 'Missha The Style Under Eye Brightener' and i'm reviewing shade no.1 (light beige). It has two shades, no.1 is light beige and no.2 is natural beige.

picture is not mine. i took it from an online shop. just check the link.
mine:
sealed!

The product comes with no box, but it was sealed when i first got it. The applicator is a sponge tip as you can see below. The product smells like... i don't know. It smells chemical-y just like any other concealer or foundation, but not too strong. 



This is how it looks on my hand, swatched and blended. It has a yellowish tone in it. It looks weird because my hand is the darkest part of my body, but it matches better on my face. The consistency is nice, but it turns a bit dry or powdery after it settles on my skin. It spreads on my skin well.



On my face:



On the first picture, i only apply the concealer on my right eye to compare the 'before-after' difference. On the second picture, i apply it to both my eyes.
It looks too bright on my skin if i accidentally put it too much, but no problem because you can always put foundation, bb cream, powders, and such stuffs on your face to even out the color.
It does cover my dark circles, sheer to medium coverage. But if you notice all of my pictures before, i have fine lines right under my eyes (yeah i'm 19 and have fine lines under my eyes!) and it accentuates my fine lines! uh-oh.

And this is how it looks after i wear it for about 8 hours plus:



 I don't know if you can see it or not, but (aside from accentuating my fine lines) it makes my under eye looks dry (more like i feel dry) and it kinda de-blend (what?), i mean it settles into my pores and make it looks like tons of small white dots under my eyes *sigh*

And i tried putting it on my lids (lol) and it accentuates the folds in no time haha:



Conclusion:
Pros:
-brightens eye
-nice consistency
-enough coverage
-spreads well on the skin

Cons:
-accentuates fine lines
-can be drying and turns powdery or flaky


So i think this is 'just' an under eye brightener; the only thing it's good in is just brightening the under eye. It is good for those who only have dark circles problem, without fine lines and problematic skin. But it's obviously not for me (especially when i wear it for a long time). I know there are still so many concealers out there for me to try out, so i won't repurchase this again in short time.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...I'm not sure if I should buy this now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really helped me. I have the same issue with many eye products, as tiny white dots form.

    ReplyDelete