Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review: Cubox May 2013

As you can see from the title, this is a late review post OTL
Today i'm reviewing a beauty box from Korea called cubox (the name stands for 'curator box') it is a box that contains korean products chosen by korean stylists, and they provide free shipping <3

They first lauch was in may and they have three types of boxes: Fashion & beauty for Women Box (standard & VIP), Style & Grooming for Men Box (standard & VIP), Interior & Lifestyle Box. I subscribed to Fashion & beauty for Women Box (standard) for $58 (IDR 558000). It's kinda expensive but hey they gave me lots of products and free shipping from korea so that's okay ._.

And for the next box they provide twenty different types of box. twenty! o.O you can subscribe here http://www.cubox.kr/
no i'm planning to subscribe for the next box because: 1) too many boxes to choose, i want them all; 2) looking at the content it's getting kinda more expensive than the May box :s

So let's get to the review. This is how the box looks like:




The box was kinda crushed when i received it. Because it's an international package, i have to take it from nearest post office using my national ID card for safety reason.
The box was big but was not heavy at all, and the content is wrapped with bubble wrap and paper. I didn't receive any customized letter saying sweet things or whatnots :( I browsed the internet and i saw some who received the letter :(

OK now let's see the contents. I have tried half of the products and i'll tell you my opinion about them.

The box contains mask sheets, wash off masks, emulsion, concealer, bb cream samples, cleanser sample, sunscreen samples, and lipgloss from various korean brands like nature republic, holika holika, innisfree, and a'pieu.

There are two products (innisfree strawberry capsule recipe pack and nature republic shea butter ask sheet) that are not in the picture because i have finished using them and threw them to the bin. Well Let's start reviewing the products i have tried so far:



This strawberry capsule recipe pack is a wash off mask. On cubox's site it says that this strawberry pack is in charge for whitening. When i open it i smell a nice strawberry milk scent. They only put a little amount of product inside (less than 1/3 of the pack) but it's quite a lot when i use it. Most people say they can use it up to three times, but i can use it up to six times! The consistency is really watery, i apply small amount of product with multiple layers instead of huge amount at once to prevent the product from dripping off my chin. When there is product left i wrap it using plastic wrap and alumunium foil and store it in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.

About its whitening job, i think it really works on me (i use it for six days straight) because my dorm owner says that my face looks brighter, and i notice my face skin tone was slowly getting more similar to my neck skin tone (my neck is brighter than my face). This is a must repurchase <3

first day of usage. it reduces redness on my face.

Next is Nature Republic Shea Butter Mask Sheet:



The mask sheet is nice and doesn't smell disturbing, and it moisturizes my face, too. But it's too slippery when i wash my face with water >.<

Next is innisfree jeju bija & tea tree capsule recipe pack:


It's a thick green paste and it smells weird OTL i think it's suitable for oily skin. it absorbs oil from my skin and turn into a powdery mask when it dries.

HULK!!!

Okay now Sugar Syrup Gloss in lychee scent from holika holika. It smells like lychee <3 It's a really sheer gloss, doesn't really gives you color if you apply moderate amount. It just makes you look like you've just drank a syrup lol. But it also makes my lips look less dry.


A'pieu Aqua Nature Moisty Deep-sea Emulsion:
what is an emulsion? is it used before of after a moisturizer? but i always use it alone or before a moisturizer ._. It's a white liquid and has runny consistency, almost like clinique dramatically different moisture lotion. It has a slight sweet and flowery smell, and it moisturizes just well enough. But it's also slippery when i wash my face with water :s


Holika Holika Cover & Hiding Stick Concealer:


This is in shade number 2, natural beige or something. I like this one better than my missha concealer because the color is closer to my skin tone. And it is easier to blend on my skin.

before (top) & after (bottom)


Nature Republic Natural Color Red Cranberry Pack:




It's a jelly-like wash off mask, elastic and sticky. and yellow. And it smells weird but still bearable. I don't know what it does to me, it just makes my skin feels nice.

yellow!
oh yeah the shorts. The box offers two colors to choose (navy and white) and i chose white, in medium size. but they gave me the small size O_O



it's obviously too tight on me *wails* i need to slim down u,u

And the rest of the box are the products i haven't tried at all so i can't say anything about them.
See ya! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment