Sunday, October 7, 2012

Review: The Body Shop Lip Scuff

Finally, after abandoning this blog for a busy week, i'm back \(^0^)/ immunopathology sure is something :s and all of this organization thingy *sigh* nvm now let me spend some quality time with this blog ;)

I'm going to review TBS Lip Scuff because i put it in use recently to settle my chapped lips.



What it says on the web: A moisturising lip care product that gently exfoliates the lips to help remove dead skin cells, leaving the lips feeling smooth, soft and conditioned which evens the surface of the skin to better absorb Lip Colour, making it last for longer. Dermatologically tested.

Ingredients: can't find it yet >.<

At first i was impressed by its appearance. It looks like a lipstick with its black tube and silver cap. But when you open it, oolala it's a lip scuff -,- Then when you open it, the first thing you notice was the faint smell of peppermint. It smells refreshing but it reminds me of my peppermint foot scrub OTL

It contains some granules in it to scrub off some dead skin cells. At the first application it's not very effective because the first layer was very smooth that you can't feel the granules. It started to feel good the next time i apply it because i can feel the granules rubbing my chapped lips.

It can be very drying, so first i apply some lip butter to my lips, leaving it almost dry, then i apply the lip scuff after that. It takes quite a good amount of the scuff to clean my lips off :o after that i clean my lips with tissue and my lips feels really soft and smooth it looks like it's ready to be kissed anytime. It doesn't stop there, i need to apply lip butter again because it kinda dried my lips out if i don't do anything after using it :s

Conclusion

Pros:
-it looks good
-it smells good
-easy to apply
-it works if used in proper way (it leaves my lips feeling soft and smooth)

Cons:
-it takes quite a lot of the product to clean your lips
-it can be drying

It looks so ordinary and the price is kinda annoying but i need this to get rid of  excessive skin on my lips (because my lip butter alone can't do that) so i think i will repurchase it ;) But it runs out quite quickly oh! >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment