Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review: The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm (Plum & Lychee)

Ah finally i made this review about Born Lippy Lip Balm ^^
So as i've showed you before, i bought two born lippy lip balms, plum and lychee flavoured. I didn't really pay attention to what it claims tho. The packaging is cute and efficient, with retractable tubes that's absolutely better than jars.


Let's see how it looks:

with flash (top: plum; bottom: lychee)
without flash (top: plum; bottom: lychee)

On my lips:


lychee
plum
Please ignore my weird lips >.<
I applied them a little too much so the camera can catch it. As you can see from the pictures, the lychee lip balm is more of a shimmer than a balm because it's really sparkly, you can use it if you want to highlight the lips. I think it's not really suitable for daily use.
The plum lip balm looks more natural, it's still really sheer even if i apply it a little too much. It will be good if you put it on top of a stain because it will give healthy shine to your lips. I like to use it daily because it just looks really 'normal' but it improves my lips appearance.

Both of them smells good and don't have a taste. But i think the don't really moisturize my lips (the lip butter does the job better) and also they don't stay long, if i can't say they disappear really quickly. i think they just disappear after 30 minutes o.O
It moisten my lips when it's there but after it disappears.... swoosh~ my lips go back to its ugly self ._.

Conclusion:
Pros:
-better packaging
-smells good
-cute colour
-have their own purpose (one for party etc., one for daily use)
-can be combined with other lip make up

Cons:
-doesn't really moisturize
-staying power is really weak

So i still need more hydration for my lips...

No comments:

Post a Comment