Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review: The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash


What it says: Combination/oily skin. Refreshing gel. Removes impurities, make-up and excess oil.

Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, PEG-150 distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Parfum, Citric Acid, Butylene glycol, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Tocopherol.



This is my first tube and i've been using this for several months. It comes with a transparent tube and a flip top, it’s so The-Body-Shop-y type of packaging. My skin is normal to oily/combination so I can say this works for me. It is a clear liquid with runny consistency and a faint smell with it, and I think the smell is not bad. It’s rather good to me. At first I thought it won’t work for me, but after I rinse my face I feel that the oil is gone, and my face feels smoother and has more glow on it.

But that is the only thing it can do: cleaning my face. That’s all. Since this is in the seaweed range, I expect some other benefit like keeping my face from getting oily longer than other facial wash. But no it doesn’t. It’s not like the staying power is bad, it is just so so.

Another thing, I think this is not a good choice if you have dry skin. My college is located in a cold place, so does my dorm, and I don’t use it everyday (only when I feel my face is oily enough) because it will dry your skin out. The T-zone is okay because it is always oily (sigh) but it tightens other parts of my face and leaves my cheek flaky and rough. I usually use the vitamin E range when i stay in cold place.

Conclusion

Pros:
-It cleans my face (good for oily face)
-It leaves my face feeling smooth and looking fresh
-It lasts long, despite the runny consistency

Cons:
-Not good for those with dry skin

Overall i like it as my everyday facial wash. This is the best so far. Will i repurchase? Yes, before i find a better one. Any suggestion for better facial wash?

No comments:

Post a Comment