Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Maybelline Unstoppable Curly Extension Mascara

This is my first mascara ever. The packaging is cute, the pink color is good though (for me who is not a pink lover). It comes with slim brush with short bristle, and the handle is so right for me to put the mascara on.



I normally only apply a little so it doesn’t look like I’m wearing a mascara. Even my brother doesn’t notice it after I go out with him for awhile. He says the lashes just look better but don’t look fake.

bare --> curled ---> mascara. excuse my pores ugh.

It does lengthen my lashes, but I don’t know about it’s curling power because I always use a lash curler before I apply it. At least my lash stays at where the should be, or in short it didn’t make my lash look droopy. The staying power before it messes up is… I don’t really know. Yesterday i went out with my family and wore it from 6.30 AM to 11 PM and here's the result:

it looks like it's gone but the curl is still there. no smudge.


Much to my surprise, it doesn’t clump my lash, even without using lash comb. Or is it because I only apply a thin layer of it? I don’t know. It says that it is a waterproof mascara, but i haven't tried that part yet (doing such things like crying or swimming with this mascara on). It comes off easily with make up remover tho.

I notice that this mascara needs perfect timing when you want to wear it. when it's still new it's all wet and heavy and smudgy but when you have used it for three or four times, it's perfect. And i'm afraid it will not work if one day it dries out :s

Conclusion

Pros:
-it makes me look better but still look natural
-it lengthens my lashes
-It doesn’t clump
-easy to use

Cons:
-It lacks of volume (of course betch because It doesn’t say anything about volume! It’s not its fault then *sigh)
-you need to find the perfect timing to use it. ugh.

Will I repurchase? Um not now, there are so many mascaras out there, I still want to try out some ;) it is good but this one can wait :D

No comments:

Post a Comment